Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thursday, December 6th

About half of the class has now submitted their character sketches with criteria. We talked about note-taking techniques (collecting evidence). As a class, we came up with 3 ways to take notes:
1. use stickies and place next to big idea, important event, or quote.
a) you can write on your sticky and keep reading
b) you can put you sticky in place, then come back to it, and record your evidence on paper.
2. read, stop, and write your evidence down as you come to it.
3. Use the online hiliting note-taking method with "The Pigman" text. Print out your notes.
...We played the "assassin game" and then a word association game--> symbols!!
As a class, you really impressed me! You came up with thematic categories based on the symbols, and we developed a thesis for an upcoming essay on "The Pigman." Well done!

Learner "To Do" List for next class (Monday, Dec. 9th)
>I will read and take notes on Chaps 9-11 plus next class.
>I will have a minimum of 3 pieces of evidence in my notes.
>I will finish my posting assignment for Wiki (1 quote, interpretation, and response)

No comments: