Sunday, January 27, 2008

Poetry Selection Marking Criteria

Exceeding Expectations (88-98)
I’ve completed at least 5 of the poetry section assignments. My work is original, with effective use of poetic techniques (sound and babble, imagery, form, rhythm and movement devices). My work is fluid, creative, and polished and mine. I took some risks in putting myself or my poetry out there. My poems are typed or written neatly and legibly. They all have titles. I made an original title page. I am very proud of my poetry selection, and the sincere effort I put into it. Possible inclusions: imagery poems, personal poem selection w commentary, found poems, concrete poems, extended metaphor, one or more poems written outside of class this year.
o 88% o 93% o 98%

Meeting Expectations (75-85)
I’ve tried and completed 4 of the poetry section assignments as outlined. I made a sincere effort to do my best by taking into account poetic techniques, and by taking a risk in my writing. My poems are typed or written neatly, and are mine. I have a title page with my name on it. I have met more than the minimum expectations, and I am proud of my poetry selection. I’ve showed some growth this term in poetry over last year!
o 75% o 80% o 85%

Basically Meeting Expectations (60-70)
I have not have completed all 4 of the poetry section assignments, by choice. I could easily have made more of an effort, and I didn’t take any risks whatsoever in this assignment. In fact, not all of my poems may even be original. I may have a title page with my name on it, and my poems are typed or written in ink or pencil. I have a very basic bread and butter poetry selection done. That’s it.
o 60% o 65% o 70%

No comments: